Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Cabbage Patch Box Stroller Costume




I've got a few tips on making a stroller costume for your little one.  I made this one for last year so there aren't step-by-step instructions, but it would be different for each stroller anyways so here is the basic idea.
I can't get over how tiny she was!!  <sniff, sniff> Anyways, here is the completed project so that you can see the basic size.  This stroller is one of the travel system strollers so there is a tray across the front.
Supplies: Box, blanket, scissors, tape, wrapping paper, zip ties, & printer.  Oh, and I used an actual birth certificate from one of the dolls that the girls have.
We had this green blanket that I pinned to the stroller to keep in from sliding and I also cut some off to cover the tray.  Remember to cut holes for the safety straps!!  The picture above I had just popped her in for a quick picture (in the kitchen actually) but on Halloween night she was properly secured.
img_9621
 Basically I held the box up to the stroller and made pencil marks where I thought I wanted it trimmed.  I trimmed small amounts at a time to make adjustments rather than trying to add back to the box.
img_9622
 Here is the bottom, I wanted her feet to have room, but still appear to have a bottom.
img_9624
 Behind the semi-circle/logo area, I taped on a support piece that held on to the tray of the stroller so that all of the weight was not on the zip ties (see below)  Then came the painstaking process of wrapping this bad boy in paper.  It is patched and pieced together using LOTS of packing & colored duct tape.  It is far from perfect but every single person knew exactly what it was supposed to be ;o)
img_9625
Here's the best picture I could get of the zip ties.  I poked a hole through the top and also on the back to thread one through, then chained together more to make it the correct length for the stroller.  One final zip tie to the handle of the stroller completed the process.
I am a HUGE believer in use what you've got.  Look around and see what can be re-purposed!!  Halloween should be FUN and not bank account draining!  And if you need any help or suggestions just comment below!
img_8767
 Cabbage patch, stroller costume, doll box, baby doll costume

No comments:

Post a Comment